Cooking ahead again, since this week will be busy:
- Navy bean gravy, from Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. This was good with a baked potato and some plain Greek yogurt.
- Sea slaw, from Mark Bittman’s How to Cook Everything Vegetarian. This combination of cabbage, wakame, and peanuts sounds odd but is really good. I’ve made it several times.
- Grated carrot salad with parsley, lime juice, and olive oil
- Couscous salad with tricolor couscous, red and yellow bell peppers, green onions, broiled eggplant, chickpeas, olive oil, and lots of rice vinegar
- Hummus with freshly cooked chickpeas and extra tahini
The garden still isn’t producing much, but I did pick a few more tomatoes. I also weeded and planted a wild lettuce mix in the planter in hopes of getting some fall lettuce.